Sunday, October 6, 2013

Review: Buenos Antojitos at LCC Farmer's Market

My husband noticed a sign advertising a Farmer's Market as we drove past Leeward Community College today. We decided to check it out and discovered Buenos Antojitos. It was the first day that Chef Joan Fadely and her husband set up their food tent among the dozen or so vendors at this relatively new venue.
 
I couldn't resist the aroma of freshly made Puerto Rican-style empanadas as we approached the tent. There was a choice of chicken, beef, or shrimp filling priced between $3 and $4. I ordered a Chicken Empanada ($3) and my husband had a Beef Empanada ($3.50). I was pleasantly surprised by the large size of my tasty "second breakfast." I bit into the warm, light, flaky crust and found a generous and delicious filling of shredded chicken. It wasn't heavy or overladen with spices and was perfect for a mid-morning snack. By the time I turned around after taking a few photos, my husband had eaten most of his empanada and there was barely any left for me to taste.
 
You can find Chef Joan at the Buenos Antojitos food tent on Sundays at Leeward Community College Farmer's Market from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm. She is also involved in other culinary activities featuring authentic Puerto Rican cuisine. Check out her website for more information at www.buenosantojitos.com or on Facebook by doing a search for "Buenos Antojitos-Honolulu."
 



 
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment