Friday, April 8, 2016

Pork Taco Day at Cafe Ono!

UPDATE 4/21/16: Cafe Ono is temporarily closed until May 2nd, according to their Facebook page.

ORIGINAL POST:
I look forward to Wednesdays because that means Pork Tacos for lunch from Cafe Ono! My constant quest for new lunch spots in downtown Honolulu has led me to this out-of-the-way take out window off Mililani Mall behind the HGEA building on Queen Street. 


Luana is always friendly as she takes my order of "Two Tacos Plate, two times." One order for me and one for my boss. Luana makes it a point to remember her customers by name. Meanwhile, Chef Yoko and her staff work magic behind the scenes to create yummy tacos with a bit of queso sprinkled over the delicious pork. You can order 2 tacos for $9.25 or 3 for $10.25. Each order comes with pico di gallo and Spanish rice. They even provide a wetnap to clean your hands after you devour your lunch.


There's a nice outdoor seating area under shady trees if you have time to sit and enjoy your lunch. However, I usually take my food to-go (since my boss is waiting at the office), remembering to fill little portion cups with hot sauce and salsa verde.  CafĂ© Ono serves breakfast and lunch Monday to Friday, but are usually closed on holidays. Check them out on Pork Tacos Wednesday.


Cafe Ono
850 Mililani Street, Honolulu HI
Hours:  Monday to Friday, 7:00 am to 1:30 pm
Phone: (808) 548-2179
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Cafe-Ono-151796178186691/


Two Tacos Plate

View from Mililani Mall (facing west)

Daily Specials for March 23rd



No comments:

Post a Comment