Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Spicy Ahi Plate at Sushi & Bibimbap

I did a review last year on the yummy bibimbap at Sushi & Bibimbap on Merchant Street in downtown Honolulu. I am happy to share that they also make a kicking Spicy Ahi Plate! For less than $9, the plate is comprised of a large serving of spicy ahi in a creamy sauce with tobiko (tiny orange roe) and green onions over good quality white rice

As you can see from the photo, it came with a small salad, pickled ginger, and wasabi. Not shown in the photo is the complementary cup of miso soup that comes with all of their plates. I'm glad I didn't add the wasabi because my ears and lower eyelids started to tingle after eating about half of my meal! I don't usually order "spicy" from Korean restaurants because I'm such a wimp when it comes to hot food. However, if you are looking for spicy, fresh raw ahi with a creamy sauce, this will satisfy!

I'm taking a break as I write this post to allow the warm, burning sensation that is creeping up to my eyes to dissapate before I attempt to finish my lunch. The burn comes on gradually and you don't realize how spicy the food is at first. Check out my original review of Sushi & Bibimbap posted in May of 2013.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment