Wednesday, September 24, 2014

New Favorite at Fresh Garden Deli

I had a late lunch today so I was pretty hungry when I got to my old standby lunch place, Fresh Garden Deli. During a previous visit, I noticed a new menu item - FGD Egg Salad. I was ready to try it today and asked the chef if she recommended I try the egg salad on a sandwich or salad. She said that their homemade balsamic vinaigrette goes very well with this new item, so the decision was clear. FGD Egg Salad Salad (not a typo) is my new favorite lunch! The usual eggs and mayo mixture has been updated with tasty bits of ham, turkey, avocado, and cheese. I'm glad I ordered a full size salad ($9.50) because it was so scrumptious! I think I'll try it on bread next time . . . .

Fresh Garden Deli is located in the arcade at 212 Merchant Street. Please refer to my original post from 8/13/13 about this long-time downtown lunch institution. In case you're curious, "FGD" stands for "Fresh Garden Deli."

FGD Egg Salad (Salad)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment