Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Pineapple - Dessert and Centerpiece

When I was a child, families would celebrate milestone events with a luau held in their back yard. I remember that the fresh pineapples often doubled as the dessert and the table centerpieces. The first time I saw this, I thought it was an ingenious way to serve dessert. Here is basically how it's done:

1. Cut the top and bottom of the pineapple off, making sure to leave a flat surface on each end.


2. Next, insert a sharp paring knife just inside the skin to carve out the fruit in one solid piece.

3. Pop the fruit out from the intact skin and slice the fruit into wedges.

4. Place the wedges back into the skin.

5. Add the crown to the top and it's ready to go!

Note: My knife wasnt sharp enough so the edges look a bit rough.






No comments:

Post a Comment