Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Review: The Local Buzz 100% Hawaiian Coffee

My husband and I recently visited a store-sponsored Artisan Market at the Ala Moana Shopping Center. One of the first vendors and I came upon was The Local Buzz. I was greeted warmly and immediately asked if I wanted to try their 100% Hawaiian Ka`u coffee.

My first choice was the medium roast Peaberry variety. It was delicious and smooth and I enjoyed the flavor. Next, I tried the Dark Roast. At first, the intensity took me by surprise. However, the complex flavor grew on me as I took my next sip, then finished my sample. I purchased a 7 ounce bag of the Dark Roast ($14), but it was a tough choice between the two varieties.

I also sampled their lightly-sea-salted chocolate covered macadamia nuts. The macadamia nut was fresh and crispy inside of creamy milk chocolate with a touch of salt. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to sample their fresh honey. My mouth was too busy enjoying the candy.

The Local Buzz is the product brand for the family-owned Paradise Meadows Orchard and Bee Farm located in the Ka`u region of the Big Island. Check out either website to purchase their gourmet coffee, fine macadamia nut chocolates, and home-grown honey.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment