Sunday, August 18, 2013

Review: Hawaiian Nougat Company

On a recent weekend, my husband and I wandered into a store that was featuring local artisans. We were happy to meet Peter Anderson of Hawaiian Nougat Company. He was very friendly and engaged my husband in conversation while I trailed behind, trying to make my way through the crowd.

When I finally got to Peter's display, I took one taste of the vanilla nougat and was in heaven! The fresh macadamia nuts in every bite perfectly complemented the light nougat. He also gave me a sample of the chocolate-dipped variety, but my husband ate it before I could get to it.

Liz Anderson, Peter's wife and business partner, was trained in Paris where she learned to make this traditional French-style confection. Each piece of delicious goodness is handcrafted in small batches with all local ingredients. From talking to Peter, they go to great pains to ensure only quality ingredients and procedures are used to create this light and tasty treat.

Even the packaging is beautiful. The nougats are packed in a clear cellophane bag and secured with a lovely flower. A bag of nougat would make a wonderful and unique gift. No gift wrapping required!

I hope that their presence here in the islands will increase the popularity of this delectable treat. Here is their contact information:

Hawaiian Nougat Company
3613 Waialae Avenue
Honolulu, Hawaii 96816
Phone: (808) 284-7447
peter@hawaiiannougat.com
https://www.facebook.com/HawaiianNougat




No comments:

Post a Comment