Friday, May 23, 2014

Dessert for Lunch at Baker & Butcher

Have you ever wanted to have dessert for lunch instead of the usual boring sandwich or cold salad? My lunch buddy, MC, lured me to Baker & Butcher to do just that! She mentioned that this take out lunch place also sells chilled sandwiches, a few salads, and a couple of hot entrees each day. However, the desserts are the true gems there!

Personally, I prefer savory over sweet and can live without dessert if I have to make a choice between an appetizer or dessert. However, MC and I decided it was a good time to try something different. My lunch consisted of the following:

Salted Caramel Brownie Sandwich
This "sandwich" was a two inch square walnut brownie with a salty caramel filling. The brownie was dense and chewy with a dark chocolate flavor as a good brownie should be. The caramel wasn't as sweet as I expected and left a slight salty flavor in my mouth as I swallowed each bite. One piece was $3, but it was a darn good brownie and worth the calories!


Creme Brulee
I've always loved crème brulee ever since Horatio's Restaurant (now Kincaid's) opened in Ward Warehouse. The serving looked small for $3, but the rich creaminess was just right. If it was any bigger, I wouldn't have been able to finish it. Yum!


Lilikoi Cheesecake
I really like cheesecake in general, but hate it when a restaurant drowns it in a weird sauce. The tangy lilikoi (passion fruit) topping was a good match for the creamy cheesecake with graham cracker crust. This piece set me back $3.75. I shared it with a coworker and she thought it was better than the brownie.



Baker & Butcher is located on the street level of the Remington College Building in downtown Honolulu.




No comments:

Post a Comment