Friday, May 23, 2014

Goma Tei Ramen Pearlridge is Finally Open!

Goma Tei Ramen has finally opened their third location* at Pearlridge Center in the space formerly occupied by J.C. Penney. Leeward residents don't have to trek into town to have a warm bowl of their favorite ramen anymore. The original opening date was January of this year but I think it was worth the wait.

I went to check it out alone today and wrote my name on the sign up sheet hanging from the door. I was seated at the end of the high top counter and thought about ordering something different this time. I decided to order my usual Tan Tan Ramen #1 and a side of Gyoza (5 large pieces) to make it easier to compare this new restaurant with their other two locations. Everything was delicious and tasted just as good as I expected. My bill came to $17.81, which is a little steep for lunch. However, I'm not complaining because I got to eat all of the gyoza since my hubby wasn't there to share them with me. This is one of the few ramen places I know of that actually makes their own gyoza instead of serving the frozen variety that is sold at the supermarket!

The new restaurant is large and I think they could actually fit more tables if they wanted to. The dining room is much brighter than the other two locations due to the light coming in through the glass doors of the second entrance facing the parking lot. This outside entrance allows diners to enter the restaurant after mall hours. Goma Tei Pearlridge is already drawing a crowd and was quite busy today despite it being a weekday.

Goma Tei Ramen
Pearlridge Center, Uptown (1st Floor next to Farrell's)
98-1005 Moanalua Road, Aiea, HI 96701
Phone: (808) 488-9188

Hours:
Mo-Th 11:00A-9:30P
Fr-Sa 11:00A-10P
Su 11:00A-9:00P

*Please check out my original review posted on July 27, 2013.

Gyoza and Tan Tan Ramen #1

Update: 
I went back to Goma Tei with my husband two days later. He had the Tan Tan #1 and I tried the Chicken Cold Noodles ($9.99). I heard this was a popular dish and having satisfied my tan tan ramen craving a couple of days earlier, I was eager to try it. The udon noodles were perfectly cooked as I slurped my chewy noodles covered with tan tan dipping sauce. I shouldn't haved poured all of the sauce over the noodles because that made everything a little too salty. The generous portion of chicken breast was thinly sliced as was the Japanese cucumber. What a cool treat for a hot summer day! Here it is:


No comments:

Post a Comment